Katrina's Reviews > Reign of Blood

Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy

Apr 29, 12

Read from April 26 to 27, 2012

NEVER TEASE ANYTHING THAT WANTS TO EAT YOU!!!

That alone had me hooked to read on!! How often do you pick up a book where the first few words grip at you and lure you in!! Like a drug I needed more !! ** snickers **

If you’re after Kick arse - action packed Vampire story then April is the new Buffy. She is strong willed - strapped with arms and weapons and on a mission every day of her human life. That girl can surely wield a machete!!

A virus has taken over the city - in order to survive April and her family must hunt to survive. April's worst nightmare has taken place - her family have gone missing and now she is on a vendetta to get them back.

After a whirlwind of events, April meets a new form of Vampires - where here they tell her blood is like gold. She finds out more than she bargined for , including why she has survived so long.

On an action packed adventure for not only survival - April meets Rye, he is of the new species where together Rye and his team embark on a kill and attack mission to get back April's family from the neighbouring Hive.

My thoughts!!!

Wow - After reading Alexia's other series, this is definably in a world of its own. Alexia has procreated a new warp on vampires, introducing us to a new and unique storyline I’m sure that anyone who enjoys a vampire story will like this.

It’s filled with a kick arse female = April who is tough and rough = kills, to survive and does not hold back one bit. Like I said in the beginning ** Move over BUFFY ** lol.. I loved April's character!! Nothing quite like a strong willed female who lets nothing stand in her way!

The first 80 pages or so - we are involved in a lot of April's fight and flight with the vampires. It’s filled with emotions, fights, action, and lots of full on scenes that are very well put forth. April loses her family and shit literally hits the fan. April begins her rampage to find them, Watch out to all the ** Vampires ** in her way. Blood , guts and she certainly lights up there lives !!!

Alexia has introduced new aspects into this story - many different types of Vampires- different traits to go with and this alone I found intriguing and refreshing!!

A little bit of romance is thrown in for the reader whom enjoy a little heart throb in a read. Rye was certainly dreamy - I’m hoping Alexia has another book in mind for us. I’d like to see how this all pans out! ** I know its the romantic in me coming out lol **

Overall, an action packed story filled with lots of blood and killing, and a new spin on the vampire stories currently shelved atm.

A lot of vivid descriptions throughout! Giving us more than enough detail of April's kills and many other scenes put forth. Even to the extreme of the stench - ** holds nose here ** lol.

Reign of Blood will certainly suit anyone who enjoys urban fantasy - a story that nightmares are made of and a world filled with anomalies and alterations not like any current vampire stories written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reign of Blood.