Brea Essex's Reviews > I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

4720741
Feb 26, 12

Read in February, 2012

This was my first book by Ally Carter. It definitely won't be my last.

Gallagher Academy is definitely not what it seems to the outside world. It is an all-girl school, definitely "no boys allowed"--unless, of course, you're one of the male teachers. Society sees the students as rich, spoiled girls, which is exactly what the Academy wants them to see. The lengths that the students and teachers have to go through to hide everything spy related when the occasional visitor shows up is quite funny.

Cammie "The Chameleon" is smart, spirited, and a bit of a rule-breaker. Although her mother is a former spy-turned-Headmistress of the Academy, it still doesn't stop Cammie from sneaking out. She and her friends launch a mission to find more information about the boy she met on a "field trip" (aka field tracking test). Although Cammie speaks fourteen languages, the one language her education didn't include is "boy". Seeing Cammie and her friends trying to interpret Josh's words and actions is hilarious.

"I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You" is full of great, believable characters and a fun plot. I will definitely be picking up its sequel "Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy" soon!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You.