Elizabeth's Reviews > Serena

Read from February 12 to 17, 2012

Wicked good storytelling.
Wicked.
Good.

Love to see the "power hungry female" fleshed out and OWNING it. Truly unlikeable character(s) in actions and deeds. Business partner not agree with your vision? Hunting accident. Disloyalty? Make an example out of him. The courageous and altruistic? SO DEAD. Strip and rape the land, too. Then move onto another country. Repeat.

Wow. Just wow.
READ IT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serena.

02/13/2012 page 173
47.0% "oh. em. gee. this is sooooo good..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

bookczuk Love Rash's work. Saints at the River might be my favorite of his, but mostly because it takes place near where we have a cabin. His writing really grabs (even his poetry and short stories.)

Elizabeth I look forward to reading his other books! I enjoyed being caught up in his novel.

message 3: by Suna (new)

Suna Not something I'd normally go for straightaway but I'm definitely intrigued. It sounds like the writing alone is well worth it...

Will Byrnes This book is a masterpice

Laima I loved this book!!

Elizabeth Suna wrote: "Not something I'd normally go for straightaway but I'm definitely intrigued. It sounds like the writing alone is well worth it..."

So sorry to reply so late- darn you goodreads! The writing is worth it but so is the story! :)

Elizabeth Will wrote: "This book is a masterpice"

It is that, Will! But then, so is your review of it (the reason I read it in the first place). ,,,^..^,,,

Elizabeth Laima wrote: "I loved this book!!"

Me too!!

Lynn WHy wasn't it worth the fifth star? The review suggests you were blown away, yet only 4 stars. Odd, to me. What is a five star in your estimation?