Grace Jensen's Reviews > Zombie

Zombie by J.R. Angelella

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended to Grace by: A lucky multi first reads winner. :P
Recommended for: Palanniuk fans, pop culture and subversive fiction followers.
Read from February 13 to 24, 2012, read count: 1

This book was lucky to hit he at this time. I just figured out that literary wasn't boring when done well, and it was at the hands of Palahniuk.
Also, I didn't know why I liked this book so much, but I did. I think that is also due to the fact that I'm just now on the Literary Train.
I loved the main character. The book structure supported him so well. It was easy to invest in his transformation, his sublimation. And seeing his scattered world and self through his structural discipline of zombie movies was done really well.

Ultimately, this book really just left me ready to read what J.R. Angelella will write next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombie.

02/15/2012 page 20
6.0% "So far, I'm enjoying it. It does have an irreverent voice which is entertaining. I hoe it keeps pace."
02/20/2012 page 81
24.0% "I still like it."
02/21/2012 page 152
45.0% "He just called Easter "Happy Zombie Jesus Day." NOW I love it. :3"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new) - added it

Kimberly I'll give it another try at a later time. I just need to be healed from the overexposure to fucking Twilight. Can I sue Stephenie Meyer for possible brain damage from reading her books.

Grace Jensen Kimberly wrote: "I'll give it another try at a later time. I just need to be healed from the overexposure to fucking Twilight. Can I sue Stephenie Meyer for possible brain damage from reading her books."

You just gotta jump in. Read The Hunger Games again.
It heals all wounds. :D