Steph's Reviews > Lord's Fall

2142019
Feb 12, 2012

bookshelves: author-웃, series-ongoing, year-read-2012
Read from December 15 to 20, 2012

Lord's Fall gives fans another opportunity to read about Dragos and Pia who were first introduced in the first Elder Races book, Dragon Bound. Considering they are one of my favorite couples in the series, you may be wondering why the 3.5★ rating. I will explain, as best I can, but you'll have to forgive me. I am not a writer, so I cannot begin to understand how hard it is or what it takes to write a novel much less a series. I'm simply relaying my thoughts as a reader and a fan of the series.

Lord's Fall held many of the aspects I enjoyed in Thea's previous books. This one, however, felt as if too much was packed into one book. Several of the story lines - the Sentinel Games and the time in the Fae world specifically - could have been better served in a separate book, IMHO. For this reason, there were times where I felt the book didn't flow well. Aside from that, I enjoyed everything in the book.

It's been almost eight months since Pia and Dragos' mating and much has changed. I'm excited to continue the series and find out what happens next.

[Full rating: 3.5★]
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord's Fall.

12/14/2012 page 1
12/17/2012
36.0% "I’m always amused at how the Elves insist upon vilifying me,” he remarked. “Your pot is much blacker than my kettle."
12/19/2012
86.0% "When shit happens, it doesn’t take a day off."
12/19/2012
100.0% "Things I loved, things I didn't. Full review to follow shortly. {3.5 stars}"
show 3 hidden updates…

Sandra Interesting. I was tossing up between 4 & 5 and went with 5. But only 3.5 for you. Interested in your review. Write quickly. ROFL.

Steph Damn it, GR! I didn't get a notification for your comment, just stumbled upon it. :/ LOL! I'll try to post soon. I have two papers and a powerpoint to do for uni before Fri. I could probably have gone with a solid 4, but stuck to my initial gut reaction. I'll say why in my review. >;)

Sandra No worries, uni comes first!!!!

Steph :P I've got a two week break coming up (right after these assignments are done) and I. CANNOT. WAIT! :D Got two papers submitted, workin' on my PPT and I'm done! WOOHOO! HoHOHo! *<|:)

Sandra Yay!!!!!!!!

Steph Yep! Then ... I stalled. LMAO!

Sandra ROFLMAO !!!!

Steph >;) Aaaaaand, here I sit, on Goodreads still when I should be in school. Waaaaaah! I don't wanna. *sucks it up* Ok *huff* I'm going.

Sandra *waves bye*