Anne's Reviews > The Lion and the Mouse. Jerry Pinkney

The Lion and the Mouse. Jerry Pinkney by Jerry Pinkney

F_50x66
Feb 12, 12

Read in February, 2012

I like this book’s retelling of the rather well know Aesop fable “The Lion and the Mouse”. Instead of words however the story is made up of pictures with the occasional animal sound. I like how the cover of the book suggest this story is told in pictures by having a picture of the lion and the mouse side by side with an “&” in between them. If you look at the pictures this story actually begins and ends on the inside covers. I like that this version of the story adds a family for both the lion and the mouse. This story has some enchantment in its realism not only do the pictures capture the animals rather realistically but it is shown in the way you’d expect it to look like if you were watching a nature show. Even thought it looks rather realistic the mouse and lion are still able to befriend each other as they have in any other telling of the same fable. This book could be used to help children interpret and think critically about pictures as well as teach them about doing someone a favor without asking for anything in return.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion and the Mouse. Jerry Pinkney.