Megan's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Alright, so let's do this hmm? Please excuse my language. -___-

Oh my ▬ How is ▬ I mean what?! Claire, Claire dear child WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO STUPID?! I'm sorry let me explain.

- Girl goes to school, encounters psycho ass bullies. they make fun of her.
- Girl gets punched and pushed down the stairs; suffers injuries. She meets up with them again in class, THEY POUR SOME FUCKING ACID CRAP ON HER BACK!
Friends tell her TO STAY AWAY. Girl thinks she's fucking invincible and ignores.

- Girl encounters bullies YET AGAIN. And, they proceed to beat the crap out of her. Once again, friends tells her to stay in the house that will protect her, DO NOT GO BACK TO SCHOOL. Girl ignores AGAIN and says "you can't tell me what to do"

- Girl encounters bullies (AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNN) They throw her in a van, tries TO BURN HER ALIVE!

Can you see where I'm going with this? I think you can. Ms. Caine, you made Claire sooo intolerable. Arrgh! I wanted to chuck my NOOK across the room, at the fucking idiocy I kept reading from Claire. Ugh, like I can't even care enough about the damn storyline, because Claire irked me way too much. She kept repeating "I'm not a kid, I'm sixteen! I'm not a kid" BLAH BLAH BLEH. You proved yourself a kid by making so many obvious and dumbass decisions. Supposedly a chick with brains, she sure doesn't use it.

I gave this one star for two reasons only and they are : MICHAEL AND SHANE. Boom.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelby (new)

Shelby These books are so good to read. Yes the story line has a few bumps and the writing style is different, but the fact that there's yet another point of view of vampires is neat to think about. I thought these books were entertaining, and I'd read them again:)

Saskia I think what the writer is trying to get across is that vampires actually ARE dangerous.

message 3: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat A lot of what happened to claire happened to me in school, no, I am not retarded but 1) who on earth will listen and 2) mean girls will prey on your friends and family if you chicken out, the only way to stop them is to act unphased. They eventually get bored.

Uzma Parveen You are comparing to real life scenarios, but in real life, mean girls will just try to bully you & will not try to kill you.. I do beilieve Monica would have killed her & gotten away with it because of her protection & the fact that people disappearing is common in Morganville :)

Kate Jones I like the way Michael and Shane helped gain two stars :D

Brandi Jasmine Agreed

Latasha Right now! I didn't like this book either & this is almost exactly how I described the book to my husband.

message 8: by Erryn_x (new) - added it