Eastofoz's Reviews > The Duke and I

The Duke and I by Julia Quinn

Aug 19, 08

bookshelves: historical-regency
Recommended for: Readers who need a good pick me up read
Read in August, 2008

This is a really good 4.5 star read. It doesn’t make 5 stars because it’s missing just a little bit in the steam department I thought. It’s one of those books that has you smiling from beginning to end—so don’t read it in public unless you don’t mind having a dorky smile plastered on your face and people no doubt staring at you like you’re a bit weird ;-)

It’s well written, funny and you just can’t help but love the Bridgerton family but it’s not in the least bit hokey. You really want to read about what happens to each of the siblings. The mother is a riot and the mysterious scandal sheet author also adds to the story with some biting wit. The hero manages to overcome a problem that he had as a child and you see how he sometimes still struggles with it as an adult. There are some really sad parts here but the characters are so well drawn that you can’t help but keep on flipping through the pages.

This a series where you should probably get the whole set before you start reading so that you’re not left wondering what happens to the next person in clan Bridgerton. It’s one of those stories that just makes you feel really happy at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke and I.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tammy You'll get a kick outta this one, East. It is funny! My favorite Quinn book (so far).

Eastofoz It seems that everyone has The Bridgerton series except me :( Glad to hear it's good :D

Tammy I haven't exactly finished the series yet. I keep getting side-tracked by book reviews on Vikings, cowboys and vampires!! = )

Kathrynn Oh, this was one of my favorites...still puts a smile on my face....

Eastofoz That's just it Kathrynn--you're smiling all the time through this book :)

Tammy I'm glad you liked it, East!

Eastofoz I'm hoping the rest of the series is just as good Tammy--word has it that it is :D

Pamela(AllHoney) I think this is one of my fave of the Bridgerton series too. I didn't read them in order though.

Saral Lol, I'm reading it now (and I quite agree about the steamy part... I hate it when you have to wait... and wait... (did I say wait) until the characters marry for them to get it on. (Really, if the heroine is such a proper etc... lady, she souldn't go around tempting a dashing duke (because doesn't everybody knows how such an encounter ends?).

Eastofoz LOL Saralove! --Wait until you read (if you haven't already) AN OFFER FROM A GENTLEMAN, I totally loved that one :) Luckily I still have a few in the series to read which I think I'll be getting back to it soon too (!) :)

Saral I'll go and see it right now. Thanks

Saral I'll go and see it right now. Thanks

Ronyell Great review East!!! I really need to read the rest of this series!!!

Eastofoz Thanks :) It's a great series :D

Ronyell Eastofoz wrote: "Thanks :) It's a great series :D"

You're welcome!

message 16: by Art (new) - added it

Art Hey East! Your's was the decidin review. I tend to fixate on a series, and binge it down, so here goes . . . . .

Eastofoz Thanks :D it's an awesome series :D