Cindy's Reviews > Catch Me

Catch Me by Lisa Gardner

F 50x66
Feb 12, 2012

bookshelves: netgalley

A copy of this novel was generously provided by the publisher Penguin Group USA for review purposes.

I was excited as soon as I received this book as I have read all of Lisa Gardner’s books and have thoroughly enjoyed them all! Another fabulous novel in the DD Warren series that has you guessing until the very end. Meet Charlene, also known as Charlie, a 911 dispatcher who as a child was a victim of child abuse at the hands of a mother believed to have had Munchhausen by proxy.

Her adult life hasn’t been a whole lot better with two of her best friends murdered on the exact same day a year apart. It’s now a year later and that very same day is quickly approaching and Charlie believes her own murder is imminent. She has prepared. Physical training, shooting practice-she will not go down without a fight! She contacts Detective DD Warren and asks her to be the one to investigate her upcoming murder.

DD Warren has just come back from maternity leave and certainly has her hands full. She is also working on a case where pedophiles start to meet their demise. With nothing left to lose is Charlie cleaning up the city or is all not as it appears? This is a definite page turner that I could not put down and keeps the reader intrigued with all the plot twists and turns. It was great to revisit characters from the past as well as reading about the bonding DD Warren has experienced with her husband and baby. A highly recommended read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Me.