Amy Fournier's Reviews > Intangible

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: debut-authors-2012
Read from March 04 to 07, 2012

*I am marking it as 4 stars since I gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars

This book was interesting. It was a bit slow to start, but it kept my interest. The characters are fun and they have good personality. The book is also written in a multi-POV which I thought was great because it was done well. There is a lot going on in this story. It seems that just about everyone is keeping a secret. There wasn't much that really took me by surprise, but it did keep me wanting more.

Sera and Luke are twins who each have a special power. They have spent their whole lives trying to keep it a secret. I really love how they interact with one another. They are silly and fun even when things aren't going quite right. I loved Sera's personality and she had some really funny lines in the book. Luke is having a tough time obviously, knowing his sister is going to die. He is determined to find a way to stop it even though he had never been able to change the outcome of a vision before.

The secondary characters I liked a lot too. Marc is interesting. I started off not liking him, then I really liked him, and then I didn't again. The dude has issues, seriously! I think I really just feel bad for him. I didn't really know what to think of Fey, and we are left in the dark with her for a lot of the book. I feel like we should have at least gotten to know her a little better since she is always with Luke and Sera. Not necessarily her secrets, but just how she acts and everything. We didn't get to see that. Then there is Jonas. I kinda really like Jonas. Okay more than kinda. He is just awesome really. We were kept guessing with him a lot. He is so hot and cold that you never knew what would happen with him around. Quinn is a friend of them too,and although we don't get much of him in this book, he is sure to be in the next one more. ( I hope anyways)

There is a bit of romance going on too. I don't know that I really liked how the romance went, but it was a good fit in the story so I can't complain. I can't really go into much more without giving away details about the book. There is so much more going on than the synopsis leads you to believe though. It is all woven together quite well. One thing that I didn't like was the overuse of some phrases. I get that they are teenagers and all, but whenever they see each other it's like "Hey" and then "Hey yourself" After seeing it a few times it started to bug me a little bit.

I do wish this book had a bit of a faster pace, but it was still really good. I felt like there was a lot of missing information that we should have had. I think that we will get a lot of our answers in the next book. I am assuming that the characters will finally discover things about their past, and as they do, we will too. There is no major cliffhanger ending or anything either. It leaves you wondering, but it's not a super rip your hair out one. I will be continuing on with this series to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intangible.