Sophia Welsh's Reviews > Juliet

Juliet by Anne Fortier

F_50x66
Feb 12, 12

bookshelves: romance, shakespeare-retelling

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet.

Quotes Sophia Liked

Anne Fortier
“Everything we say is a story. But nothing we say is just a story.”

Anne Fortier
“She laughed out loud, a warm, knowing laughter that made me once again wonder about the secret ingredient in these women’s lives. Whatever it was, I was clearly missing it. It was so much more than just self-confidence; it seemed to be the ability to love oneself, enthusiastically and unsparingly, body and soul, naturally followed by the assumption that every man on the planet is dying to get in on the act.”

Anne Fortier
“Don't underestimate the power of events that happened a long time ago. That is the tragic flaw of modern man.”

Anne Fortier
“For as long as I could remember, he had never worn a single piece of clothing that could be considered casual. Khaki shorts and golf shirts, to Umberto, were the garments of men who have no virtues left, not even shame.”

Anne Fortier
“There is a trick to flying. The angels told me." He had smiled at my wide-eyed awe. "You need to forget everything you know as a human being. When you are human, you discover that there is great power in hating the earth. And it can almost make you fly. But it never will."
I had frowned, not quite understanding him. "So, what's the trick?"
"Love the sky.”

Anne Fortier
“Look, I just wanna make one thing absolutely clear. I don't believe in guns. I just want peace. Okay?"
Alessandro stopped in the middle of the corridor, took out the gun and wrapped my hand around it before I realized what he was doing. "Can you feel that? That's a gun. It exists. And there are a lot of people out there who do believe in it. So, excuse me for taking care of them so you can have your peace.”

Anne Fortier
“I must have you, completely, at my table and in my bed, or I shall waste away like a starving prisoner. There you have it; forgive the lack of poesy.”