MontiLee Stormer's Reviews > Dearly Devoted Dexter

Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Jul 18, 08

bookshelves: ebooks

I was a fan of the show and almost gotten through the first season before I'd finally seen the small print that said, "Based on the book". Since all of my reading is done via Reader now, I rushed to my nearest internet connection and downloaded it quick like a bunny.

Dexter is the dark, sardonic, serial killer who tries to fit in to the world around him the only way he knows how: by pretending to be like everyone else. He's baffled by most emotions and cultural traits but fakes it like so many of us do. As a serial killer he's learned to control his urges by only doling out justice to those who deserve it - those people who have managed to avoid the law. He is careful and meticulous and only moves in when he's sure. His methods and quirks make him the killer you want to take home if only he like that sort of thing.

These books are the perfect size for summer reading or that lull between chapters of a terribly long epic you're forcing your way through. By no mens fluff, the Dexter books play with the mind in ways that make it faster, and I love books like those.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dearly Devoted Dexter.