Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Parallel Desire

Parallel Desire by Deidre Knight

Jan 10, 09

bookshelves: deidre-knight, 2009-reads
Read in January, 2009

Two wounded hearts find each other amidst a world-changing battle.

When I finished Parallel Seduction, I knew I have to find the next book fast and soon. So I was lucky that when I made my weekly trip to my local library I found Parallel Desire sitting on its shelf, as if simply waiting for me. I resisted doing a happy dance, as I greedily snatched it and put it in overflowing basket of books.

Parallel Desire picked up immediately right where Parallel Seduction ends. Now time-traveler Scott Dillon, in his wife’s murderer’s body, is stranded in the past, trying to find a purpose for his own existence. With Hope, now happily mated to his younger self, he had decided that eliminating his wife’s future killer would be the best way to secure her safety in this current timeline. Together, with medic Shelby Tyler, Scott embarks on a journey that will lead them into the hands of their enemies. As the battle between Refarians and Antousians continue to rage, Scott will be forced to embrace his own hybrid nature, heal his own hurts, and discover a new capacity to love.

I cannot say enough good things about this series, and after reading this book, it is definitely in my top ten list. I enjoy reading about this other Scott Dillon, the one that has experienced pain and loss, and his relationship with Shelby, who has experienced the same traumatic events in her own life. I also like the continuation of Jared and Kelsey’s story, and even Thea and Marco’s. It’s like reading a new story while hanging out with old friends.

To those who haven’t read this series, I highly recommend that you give this one a try. Definitely worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Parallel Desire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'm so glad to see you like this series Yz. I've been thinking about reading it. Like I don't have enough to read. :)

Yz the Whyz I haven't read much "alien" series, but this one took me by surprise. I can't believe how complex the plotlines is, but at the same time, how believable and sympathetic the characters are. Just high quality writing and storytelling.

I definitely recommend these books.