Missy Cahill's Reviews > Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

Feb 13, 12

Read on February 12, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Wow. All I can say is wow. It's been a while since I read the series, and I just found this absolutely brilliant and heartbreaking. I knew nothing about it at all, I'd read no spoilers, so Tibby's death absolutely broke my heart. And because the girls are under the impression that Tibby committed suicide, you feel their pain, their anguish and their helplessness at the situation.

Parts that broke my heart primarily included Bridget's scenes with Tibby's young daughter Bailey. Bridget, carefree and struggling with her own pain, finds light again in Bailey and in her own situation.

Lena, lovely Lena, and my favourite character finds love again with Kostos, her one true love. Their relationship has never been easy, but with Tibby's death, Lena learns from Tibby's letters that life is far far too short not to be bold and to take control of your own destiny.

And then there was Carmen. She has always been the least interesting character to me. I even though that at times, Ann Brashares, didn't really know what to do with her in this book. So made her a snotty, iPhone obsessed, size 0 actress with a horrible fiance. She wasn't really in the book that much, so that didn't bother me.

This is, a really fitting ending to a fantastic series. It's incredible sad that Tibby died, and that rather than her death bringing the girls closer together, it drives them even further apart. It all works out in the end, but it's a testament to their friendship and their futures together.

Do read, if in any way a fan. I read it in one sitting last night, I don't think I've ever done that in my life before. Love love and loved it.

Mwah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisterhood Everlasting.