Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Night Pleasures

Apr 22, 10

liked it
bookshelves: sherrilyn-kenyon, 2010-reads
Read from April 15 to 21, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Pleasures.

Dina Hmmm, only 3 stars, Yz? It looks like Kenyon hasn't convinced you yet. Would you mind sharing what you didn't like in this book? I'm supposed to read it for this month's RRRC FAC, but I might choose another book depending on your opinion.

Yz the Whyz How do I explain? : )

I've read several Kenyon books, mainly because she is a popular PNR author, but I could never get into her writing style. Night Pleasures is an improvement over Fantasy Lover, but it still feels cheesy and over-the-top to me.

She has a great story to tell, don't get me wrong, but I just don't like her writing style.

Have you read her before? If you haven't, give her at least a chance. She does have a huge following, so maybe I'm just strange that I don't like her writing.

Dina I've read Fantasy Lover. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I thought the premise was very interesting, but I didn't enjoy the delivery - aka, Kenyon's writing style. Like you said, it was cheesy and OTT. Since Night Pleasures is an improvment over the 1st book, I'll give it a try. Thanks, Yz! :)

message 4: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Apr 22, 2010 04:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yz the Whyz Yes...she does lay it too thick. : )

Maybe we should just not take it too seriously and just enjoy the story.

Dina That's a good advice, Yz. I'll try. :)