Genevieve Dazet's Reviews > Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman

Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman by Elizabeth Buchan

F_50x66
Feb 12, 12

Read in January, 2011

I've had this book for a long time, but can't remember where I got it or why. The back cover matter is sort of intriguing, but not enough for me to have bought it, I don't think...I'm generally not a fan of "girl-power" type stories. I have it up for "swapping" at my favorite bookswap site, and decided to read it before someone wanted it--since, for some reason, I also have the follow-up on audiobook.

Reading this was a sublime experience. I liked this book so much! I haven't been in much of a book-reading mood this month, but over the past three days I finished the last 2/3 of this one quickly. It's not action-packed or even too scandalous (especially given the plot--husband breaks up a 25-year marriage to run off with his wife's much younger assistant, who then steals the wife's job), it's just...pleasantly meandering, and nice, and I absolutely fell in love with the narrator, Rose.

I also found that the book had been filmed for TV in 2004, starring Christine Lahti, who I would love to see play this role.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman.