Samantha's Reviews > Divergent

2021465
Mar 08, 12

Read from February 12 to 17, 2012

Summary from Goodreads:

"In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all."

My Thoughts:

Divergent is one of those books that is SO engrossing and SO amazingly good that when I closed the last page I wanted to start immediately back at the beginning. And I expected everyone else that had read it to have loved it just as much as I did because it was just that good. I've seen some criticism of the book but I can't honestly think of a thing that I would want differently when it comes to a book like this. It sucked me into the world that Beatrice (or Tris as she was also known) lived in, and I didn't want to leave. I didn't think about how realistic this book was or if it could happen....instead I just lived and breathed this world for a few short days. This is a book that I can't wait to recommend (I'm sending my copy to my sister for sure) and talk about with others. I loved it. And now I NEED to read Insurgent.....how am I supposed to wait until May??? Aack! I'm keeping my thoughts on this one short and sweet so I don't give anything about the book away. Just take my word for it...it is that good!

Enough gushing. Obviously, I just loved this book and I can't think of a bad thing to say. Highly, highly, highly recommended to just about everyone. Enough said :)

Bottom Line: 99.9% sure that this will be on my top 10 reads list for 2012. AMAZING.

Disclosure: I was sent a copy of this book from the publisher for review from a Shelf Awareness offer (I think). Embarrassingly enough, it was last year and this book has languished on my shelves this entire time. Thank goodness I finally picked it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.