UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick's Reviews > Lady Luck

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley

Lady Luck is the third book in the Colorado Mountain series and, in my opinion, has the best storyline of the three. I adore Ty Walker who, if you can believe it, is even more crass and foul mouthed than either Max or Tate… or maybe even both Max and Tate combined! So yeah, be prepared, because this book takes crassiness to a whole new level! In fact, I made up a word to describe Ty – crasshat… a crass asshat… And I wouldn't change a thing about him.

So, let’s break it down. What is it that has me loving this book?

1. Ty might be a crasshat, but he’s not a stupid crasshat. He uses the smarts God gave him and doesn’t put the people he loves in danger (much) even though it means putting his plans for a much deserved revenge on hold.

2. Lexie Berry is a great heroine. Smart, independent, and never TSTL (Too Stupid To Live). She’s a woman who is 100% devoted to her loved ones, even if they don’t always deserve it.

3. The. Sex. Is. Hot. I mean, Burn. Up. The. Pages. Hot. (In my opinion.)

4. Fantastic story. Heartwarming, exciting, believable… loved it.

5. We see a lot of Tate and Wood. (Woot!)

6. Had me in tears.

7. One of the best, most heartbreaking scenes ever written! Not too spoiler: (view spoiler)

I cried the first time I read that and I cry still when I think of it.

*sigh*

But yeah, another great, great story!

-----
If you're a Kristen Ashley addict, or just interested in checking her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!

92 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Luck.

02/12/2012
3.0% "I barely know Ty, but I already love him." 2 comments
02/14/2012
61.0% "I just cried through an entire chapter. Geeezus." 5 comments
02/14/2012
100.0% "Damn. What an emotional story that was." 3 comments
05/12/2013 marked as: own-have-read

Jennykins That's how I felt, too!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm so loving this book!! I can't wait for them to get back to Carnal. I want to revisit the characters from Sweet Dreams, and I hope we do, but I also want to get the story of that went down with Ty and Fuller.

KatLynne Glad you're liking it Dhes!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick KatLynne wrote: "Glad you're liking it Dhes!"

I'm just loving it!! Ty is wonderful!

KatLynne Just pm you Dhes. In my drug induced state made an error:) I do have Mystery Man for loan. Let me know when you're ready.

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Feb 13, 2012 10:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Drug induced.... poor you!!

I'll be ready for it by Wednesday! LOL!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Yeah, Dhes, your spoiler was one of my favorite parts of the story! Beautiful. Touching. Awesome.
You have to read so many KA books yet and I tell you...you're in for a treat.
Nice review!

Jill Wonderful review Dhes! So glad you're loving KA's books. She's amazing. And I loved this one as well.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thank you, Baba and Jilly! I just can't get enough of her writing. It's seriously like being addicted to crack! Though I've never been addicted to crack... so like... being addicted to chocolate, only times 87 million!!!!

message 10: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill LOL! I'm with you Dhes. I've got so many other books I should be reading, but when her next title comes out I'll be dropping everything to read it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) That is a great scene. Great review too!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Danielle. I was sobbing during that scene. I love these books so much. I've just immersed myself in them these past several days. Saving my sanity, they are.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick When is the next one due, and what series is it to, Jill?

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Fantastic review, Dhes! The scene in your spoiler had me in tears and is so heartbreaking and beautiful. I have about 25% left and I have to say, Lexie and Ty are my favorite couple. Of all the KA books I've read, I think they have the best romance.

message 15: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Feb 18, 2012 03:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Kristen!

Yes, it's definitely the best romance of the books I've read. Best storyline, too. Most compelling. I love, love, love Ty's book!

message 16: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Dhes, KA has got a few coming out but the one I'm waiting for is Motorcycle Man which is book #4 in the Dream Man series. Due out probably in April.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Dhes, KA has got a few coming out but the one I'm waiting for is Motorcycle Man which is book #4 in the Dream Man series. Due out probably in April."

Or probably summer 2012 at the latest. :))

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick OMG!!! I want Tack's story. He seems so awesome!!!

message 19: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Is summer in the States June??

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Is summer in the States June??"

Um...Jill...I think summer's starting June 21. Aw, yes, Australia is a special place...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "OMG!!! I want Tack's story. He seems so awesome!!!"

I've read the teaser...seriously, Dhes, he's rude and crude and GREAT! Love this guy since I've read Mystery Man!

message 22: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Okay, thanks Baba. Yes, Australia is 'special'. I love it of course. Just makes things difficult because we live like we're at 180 degrees to the rest of the world.

KatLynne Loved your review Dhes and that quote was my fav in this book!....and "crasshat"...Love it:)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Kat! You know, if I had one of these men in my real life, my friends would be lined up trying to have an intervention, but I sure love reading about them!!!

KatLynne LOL...so do I Dhes. Have tons of books in my mtn I should get to but thinking I may start KA's Rock Chick series tonight. I've went all week w/o one of her heroes:)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick All week?????? No way!!! Are you okay?? Yes, start the RC series because I want to hear what you think of it!! And then borrow, if I can **smiles big and bats eyes**

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Dhes! Everyone seems to be reading KA these days! I'll get to these one day. I'm just not ready for another crasshat, just yet. ^_^

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!!!!!!! I know, I totally understand.

Thank you! Kristen Ashley has been helping keep me sane this week.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* That's great! Always good when we find an author that keeps us sane. ^_~

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Indeed!! What are you reading these days?

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Indeed!! What are you reading these days?"

I haven't had too much time to read the last 2 weeks as I've been tied up with photography with the hubby - but NOT that sort!! LOL

I've just gotten stuck back into the Psy-Changeling series. Just read Blaze of Memory #7, which got mixed reviews and I wasn't expecting to like it much, but I loved it!! So now I'm onto #8. Great series and highly recommended!

message 33: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Indeed!! What are you reading these days?"

I love NS and all her books. I'm glad you like it Jayne.

Dhes, KA books are like crack! I try to make breaks between series, so they'll last longer :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Mimi! I know.... exactly like crack! But like I told someone else, I can only ASSUME they're like crack 'cuz I've never been addicted to crack. So these books are like being addicted to chocolate, which I am, but only like 87 billion times more.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Jayne..... maybe you can help me out. Megan LOVED Guild Hunters. Not soooo much PsyChangling. Can you recommend anything like Guild Hunters?

message 36: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Mimi! I know.... exactly like crack! But like I told someone else, I can only ASSUME they're like crack 'cuz I've never been addicted to crack. So these books are like being addicted to chocolate, ..."

Yeah, exactly :D

And Dhes, I read and loved almost all of Nalini Singh(she's one of my favorite authors) books, both Psy and Guild ones and I could try to help. Do you mean books by other authors that are similar to GH?

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Jayne..... maybe you can help me out. Megan LOVED Guild Hunters. Not soooo much PsyChangling. Can you recommend anything like Guild Hunters?"

I've only read the first Guild Hunters and don't really know of anything like it, sorry, Dhes.

Really? She didn't like Psy-Changeling as much? I know others who feel that way, but I also know others who LOVE Psy-Changeling, and I'm one of them! ^_^

message 38: by Mimi (last edited Feb 19, 2012 01:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Jayne..... maybe you can help me out. Megan LOVED Guild Hunters. Not soooo much PsyChangling. Can you recommend anything like Guild Hunters?"

I've only read the..."

message 39: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Feb 19, 2012 01:42AM) (new) - added it

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Mimi wrote: "I actually prefer the Guild series Jaynie, but I love Psy books, too. Just with that series there are some books that are hit and miss for me. I'm one of the ones who didn't like Blaze of Memory that much. And I didn't like Vaughn and Faith and some books were just ok to me, while others I adored(Judd's, Riley's, Drew's book, sadly not Hawk's, but it was good). GH series just sucks me in more. "

Mimi, I've enjoyed all the books in the Psy-Changeling series, thus far, bar Mine to Possess - Clay and Talin's book.

I did enjoy the first Guild Hunter book but haven't felt the urge to read the other books, just yet.

message 40: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Mimi wrote: "I actually prefer the Guild series Jaynie, but I love Psy books, too. Just with that series there are some books that are hit and miss for me. I'm one of the ones who didn't like Blaze..."

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick We're looking for something as good as Guild Hunters by any author. She started reading the Elder Races series and is liking that.

Mimi, I can't stop reading KA! I'm going to be in big trouble when I run out of her books!

message 42: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "We're looking for something as good as Guild Hunters by any author. She started reading the Elder Races series and is liking that.

Jayne, same with me. I read book 1 of Guild Hunters, enjoyed it, ..."

Well, I don't know. PNR like that is rare, although more and more PNR pops up each year. Maybe Meljean Brook? The books are different and pretty dark, but i enjoyed them a lot.

Luckily for you Dhes, KA has like a bazillion books and is publishing them fast and often. I like them a lot, but I need a break between them before the formula of OTT, alpha hero and clumsy, clueless heroine wears me down. So I just read a few books at a time.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm on #6 in a row and lining them up so I won't have to go without! LOL!!

message 44: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I'm on #6 in a row and lining them up so I won't have to go without! LOL!!"

LOL, well, maybe you will run out:). But, your KA-thon has to stop eventually. Right?
You read Colorado series and...Dream Man series?
I love writing reviews for KA books. For some reason it's always fun!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I read CM first, then DM, now I'm on Law Man... so I'm on my 6th. These books are totally keeping me sane right now.

Wminbc UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I read CM first, then DM, now I'm on Law Man... so I'm on my 6th. These books are totally keeping me sane right now."

Dhes..totally heard u! I loved these books...read so fast I know need to re-read for me. Have an awesome day!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Mimi wrote: "I love the series and I'm sad the Psy series is nearing its end. A few more books in which we find out about the Ghost and I think the Silence cracks. There will be a series set in the same world but nowhere need SF and the cats and the wolves. "

I am SO intrigued by Ghost! I'll be sad when this series ends. :-(

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Jayne, same with me. I read book 1 of Guild Hunters, enjoyed it, but didn't feel the urge to hurry on to the rest. I will, but just not yet."

I think I'm going to have to re-read the first book before I continue, as I've forgotten a lot of what happened.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Me too, Jayne. Scott is loving the series, and so did Megan, and I really did like book 1.

message 50: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith I preferred the latter books of GH. Here the transition from:You scare me shitless and want to kill me to I'm in love happened too fast. Later on the love between Raphael and Elena touched me.

Plus I love the Seven and Dmitri's book is a favorite :)

« previous 1 3