Stephanie's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

1972200
May 21, 15

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, favorites

Ash, the former Winter Prince of the Winter Court, has been exiled from Faery, exiled from the Iron Kingdom and turned away from the girl he loves all because she wanted to save his life. As a Winter fey, he can't step foot into the Iron Realm to be with Megan so he decides to go on a journey to find his soul and to become human.

In order to do this, he embarks on an amazing journey and adventure of a lifetime with his best friend and archnemesis, Puck as well as some other surprising characters on the way.

This was by far my favorite of the entire Iron Fey series. I absolutely LOVED this story told from Ash's point of view. From the start until the end, this book had captured me with all of the twists and turns thrown in. I loved the hard choices that Ash had to make between what he loved and who he loved and if he was willing to change for that love.

I loved how he changed as a person as well as the unique story that was told to get him on that adventure and the sacrifices that happened along that journey.

There is a lot of angst in this story but that is what makes this story so good! I loved how the author ended this series based on these characters, since I know she's planning to continue from another point of view in the future but I absolutely loved how she ended this chapter of the characters and their lives. I was happy with getting the happy ending that I wanted and was looking for in the Iron Queen and I was definitely glad she continued on with this story as I think it was the best story in terms of the writing and the detailed action and adventure that remains a constant from the beginning to the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.