Amy Y.'s Reviews > A Child Called "It"

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

Feb 12, 12

bookshelves: 2011-2012-advisory
Read in February, 2012

The Child Called "It" is a true story of an abused child. Dave Pelzer, the son of an abusive and drunken mother, is abused for no apparent reasons. Everyday, he must cope with his abuses while his father and brothers watch with no emotions towards him. In addition, Dave Pelzer tells his horrible childhood to the whole world and inspires readers to take actions towards child abuse. How did Dave Pelzer escape from his so-called "mother"? And what part did he have a say in this?

This book was absolutely inspiring and emotional. My only opinion on Dave's story is "why?" Why would his own mother treat him so rotten but not towards his other brothers? Why didn't his father save him from his mother? What's the whole point of his abuses? What did his mother gain from hitting him constantly? Every time Dave's mother abuses him, it makes me so furious! Overall, if I would've rate this book on a scale of 1-10, I would give it 10 because of it's inspiration and plot!!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Child Called "It".