Chris Parker's Reviews > The Keeper of the Stones

The Keeper of the Stones by M.J. Webb

Apr 14, 12

Read from February 12 to April 14, 2012

A review by Adrian, my 13 year-old son, so I guess the target market!

"This is a very good book that i am sure to reccomend to all my friends (which is not something i do often). The plot is very engaging and will make you want to buy the sequel as soon as you have finished the first book. The characters are also very easy to connect with as they are just normal kids thrown into a very abnormal situation. Overall this is a good book that has the potential to become a bestselling hit like artemis fowl, H.I.V.E, skullduggery Pleasant and The wardstone chronicles ( 2 of which i read and identified as bestsellers before they were massive hits!) Overall, i know a good book when i read one and this is nothing short of a good book."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keeper of the Stones.

03/17/2012 page 147
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.J. (last edited Apr 14, 2012 11:14AM) (new) - added it

M.J. Webb Thank you so Much Adrian (and Chris). Of all the reviews I have received this one is is right up there as it comes from a teenager who clearly enjoys reading and knows his books. I can't thank you both enough and I hope that others read this review and give it a chance/help to spread the word.

Once again, THANKS A MILLION !!!!

:-)

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Rice A lovely review.

message 3: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Hallbrooks Chris, Adrian sounds like a very intelligent person. Thanks so much for sharing his review with your fellow Goodreads members.

Chris Parker Lynn wrote: "Chris, Adrian sounds like a very intelligent person. Thanks so much for sharing his review with your fellow Goodreads members."

Thanks Lynn. He is a bright young man, and has always loved reading, especially before bedtime! We used to have arguments over taking the book away, rather than trying to force him to read. I hope it's a joy he'll carry with him all his life.

message 5: by M.J. (new) - added it

M.J. Webb Here here. Well said Lynn. He's a real credit to you. I hope my children follow his example. :-)

Chris Parker M J Webb wrote: "Here here. Well said Lynn. He's a real credit to you. I hope my children follow his example. :-)"

Hey guys, let's not get carried away - I'm only telling you his good points - believe me, there are some less-than-angelic elements too! He turned 13 a short while ago, so we're preparing ourselves for some stormy weather! I've even found I've had to stop acting like a teenager myself - two in the same house is one too many!

message 7: by M.J. (new) - added it

M.J. Webb Ha ha Yes, you may be heading into stormy waters mate. I was a nightmare for my mother as my dad was not around. Let's hope you remain as close as you obviously are.

message 8: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Hallbrooks Chris...I do understand what you are saying. You've got him started on the right path with reading. The rest of the teenager stuff...well they grow out of it...eventually. I've raised two of my own...one of each gender...now helping to raise my Godchildren 4 y.o. male and 14 y.o. Female...so I can empathize with you.

Keep up the love of reading and education...the rest will take care of itself.