Meera Senthil's Reviews > The Man-Eater of Malgudi

The Man-Eater of Malgudi by R.K. Narayan

Feb 12, 12

Read in February, 2012

I had glanced at this book many times in the shelves of bookstores but never actually bought it. Spotting it in my Anni's book shelf I lost no time in packing it to take it with me. And I liked it a lot!!

I've never read Narayan outside my school English textbooks and this book was wonderful. The humour is just amazing and I had a great time. The character of Vasu is the most interesting among all others and I think it is so well developed..we get curious about him even though he's not the good guy. The plot has a few lapses like Natraj worrying a lot about leaving fingerprints by touching stuff in Vasu's room but completely forgetting that he'd handled the man's gun the very previous night! The writing is simple yet it kind of draws you.

And Natraj irritates a lot of times but that's the way he is. The setting of the old Indian village when we were fresh out of becoming an independent nation is interesting to read now. Glad I read the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man-Eater of Malgudi.