Lucie Paris's Reviews > One Black Rose

Feb 12, 2012

liked it
Read from February 11 to 12, 2012

Reactions:
I devoured this book in one evening. Easy to read, entertaining, it allowed me to escape into the world of fairies in a gentle and pleasant way.

The atmosphere is really relaxed, sulkiness is banned here even though Autumn seems to ask herself too many questions. The reader waits for responses who sometimes can be deduced before being released by the words of Maddy Edwards.
Far from being a criticism, I actually rather enjoyed it. This proves that the elements of the recipe has worked well on me!

The author takes up the theme of conflict between the fairyland: the battle between winter and summer. But the effects are effective in a story well portrayed where the reader is swept away by the story as gently led by the hand ... It is guided by the author and I liked the landscape shown during my trip. This is essential!

A gentle stroll in the heartwarming scenes of magic around flowers or when spending time with Holt with the warmth and carefree the others characters of summer. More hardness, darkness and coldness in interactions with the fairies of winter. Threats, fears and feeling more discreet during the presentation of Samuel and his family. Without being able to catalog in black and white, I suspect a complexity in the plot or with the characters feelings should happen in "August"

Magic, romance, duality, difficult choices, friendship, fights are the elements of the first installment in "One Black Rose" series. Enjoy the ride.

Read more about this book: http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.co...

Lucie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Black Rose.