Anne Nikoline's Reviews > A Little Princess

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: ebook, classics, childrens-litterature, read-2012, sweet-old-fashioned, victorian-literature
Recommended to Anne Nikoline by: book club
Recommended for: young readers, indeed
Read from February 15 to March 15, 2012

1.5 stars for A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. You might be think "WHY? WARUM? POURQOUI? HVORFOR? etc" depending on your native language. The reason for my poor rating is just that I'm twenty years old and as it appears for the stars I gave this book, also not very good with children's books like I used to be. Sure there were parts of this story that I absolutely adores; parts like where Sara Crewe, the main character, befriends a rat and her of course her passion for books and reading, but overall I just struggled my way through this. The reason why I did so might be because I read this as an ebook on phone, or maybe I'm just getting old.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Princess.

Quotes Anne Nikoline Liked

Frances Hodgson Burnett
“Never did she find anything so difficult as to keep herself from losing her temper when she was suddenly disturbed while absorbed in a book. People who are fond of books know the feeling of irritation which sweeps over them at such a moment. The temptation to be unreasonable and snappish is one not easy to manage.”
Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Little Princess