Courtney's Reviews > The Wings of Morning

The Wings of Morning by Murray Pura

Feb 15, 12

bookshelves: amish, christian-historical-fiction, for-review
Read from February 11 to 15, 2012

One of my favorite genres to read in between a good Christian historical and a young adult paranormal is an Amish fiction! Amish fiction is unlike any other genre and I just love reading about their ways of life even if I don't really understand it! This is my first time reading anything by Murray Pura and I was impressed by the attention to historical detail in this Amish fiction.

Both Jude Whetstone and Lyyndaya Kurtz are from families that have recently converted over to the Amish faith and now they are slowly falling in love. For them to fall in love wouldn't be too bad except that Lyyndaya's dad isn't happy about Jude's flying. Jude loves to fly aero planes and he thinks he should get as much flying time in that he can before the Amish decide to ban flying.

When an Army officer sees Jude's amazing ability to fly he is suddenly told that he has to join the military and that religious exemption does not apply to the newly formed Amish community. That meant him and some other men from the community were forced to enlist. Will Jude and Lyyndaya's love for each other stand the test of war, religious freedoms and shunning?!

The only thing I struggled with was the middle part of the book that dealt with Jude during the war. There was a lot of details and that part is just not very interesting to me but I still enjoyed the story.

I received this book from the Publisher Harvest House and was not required to give a positive review.

I loved the unique delivery of The Wings of Morning. Never had I ever read any Amish fiction that deals with war, flying or flu epidemic. You will be wondering who will live, who will fall in love and who will be shunned. A very different and great Amish fiction!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wings of Morning.