Niina's Reviews > The Mask

The Mask by Anya Winter

Feb 11, 12

bookshelves: erotic-romance-gems, 2012-challenge, fun-and-witty, hot, romantic-and-great
Recommended for: people who like happy stories with spice!
Read from February 10 to 11, 2012

( Author Interview and Giveaway[ends Feb.17th] at my blog: http://niinas-reading-and-reviewing.b... )

Eve wants nothing more than to a be Pastry Chef extraordinaire, and her big chance is here, the Black & Lace Masquerade Ball, catering to the who's who of the culinary world, including the Editor-in-Chief of Sizzle Christian Grier, who's opinion makes all the difference. What Eve doesn't know is that she's already on Christian's good graces, he's her boss, Kris, at her current catering gig at his high end BDSM club Ganache, with them both in masks there she has no idea Kris is Christian Grier and just how much she's gotten under his skin.

Christian has been watching Eve work the Ball all evening, her desserts are heaven on earth but so is she, and he has made up his mind, if she won't respond to his touch at the club, she will here, he'll seduce the little pastry chef and make sure that when the masks come off tonight, she knows exactly who he is and what he wants from her, which is forever.

~*~

Anya Winter has a way about her writing that is very easy to read, the characters are believable and the plot moves forward smoothly making her novellas very easy to read - not to mention fun! I loved that Eve was a chocolatier, the desserts described in the story were orgasmic on their own! The story wasn't just erotica, it was romance as well, it had a fun quick plot without too much angst which gave this story a yummy sizzling fun vibe. Sure there were secrets and tension but it wasn't at any point depressing, so I'll call this a fun feel good story with dashes of delicious tension, hot sex and one yummy dominating hero!

The characters were, like I mentioned before, very real so it was easy to believe this story, the dialogue was completely normal without any hitches or clichés even in the love scenes - which makes me happy, I hate love scenes with corny or unrealistic dialogue. Now to Eve, I liked her, she has a goal and a dream and she worked her butt off to get it. Her little wild side came evident in a flash back scene at Ganache where Kris her boss makes her very happy behind the bar, and her kind side is very much her normal presence which is probably why Christian begins to fall in love with her.

I enjoyed Christian's character as well, he's bossy, dominating ( bun intended ;) he is after all a Dom at his BDSM club ) and has a very sexy aura about him, maybe it's because he's so respectable outside but the readers knows about his bedroom preferences which also gives him a devious and dangerous aura - no wonder Suzanne was interested as well! ;) Yes, quite, quite liked Christian. Especially in the end where he makes it very clear where his priorities lie now.

Visit http://niinas-reading-and-reviewing.b... for a chance to win The Master, book one in the Masquerade series!(ends Feb.17th) And read the just a little bit naughty interview with author Anya Winter!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mask.

02/11/2012
52.0% "all the chocolate is on it's own quite exciting. ;)"
02/11/2012