ChuCha's Reviews > Ditched: A Love Story

Feb 24, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: bestfriends, bad-girls-and-good-guys
Read from February 11 to 15, 2012

Ditched had me at its cover: a pretty girl, disheveled, in a weird prom dress. It may not belong to my favorite set of books, but it doesn’t mean I don’t like it.

Ditched is a funny book, my breather in between heavy YA and regency romance. Ian and Justina’s friendship started when she decided to drop her hobby of kissing boys and Ian caught his girlfriend kissing another guy. Now, months later, Justina is going to break her kissing-the-boys fasting on prom night after realizing her feelings for Ian. But everything has been a disaster, starting with the blue dress her mom picked for her. Then several other incidents happened – ending with Ian ditching her on prom night. She tells the whole story the following morning in a 7-Eleven to Gilda and Donna, putting the puzzle together and explaining what happened to every single thing found on her dress.

I love Ian, and he has his personal reasons why he ditched Justina. You wouldn’t help but like him because he’s very nice and kind. His friendship with Justina would make you wish you have a best friend like this one in high school.

Ditched’s plot is well developed, I like the transition each chapter. I like the picture with the arrows all over the dress, telling readers the history behind it.

Robin Mellom did not only show the reality in teenage parties: vices such as smoking, underage drinking and sex but she also integrated responsible driving.

If you want something funny, short and nice – this is the book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ditched.

Quotes ChuCha Liked

Robin Mellom
“The neck massage: signature move of a Professional Boyfriend.”
Robin Mellom, Ditched: A Love Story

Robin Mellom
“Guys don't know the power we hold over them with the right tint of lip gloss.”
Robin Mellom, Ditched: A Love Story