Rhonda's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mar 01, 12

Read from February 24 to 29, 2012

** spoiler alert ** While I didn't like this book as much as its 2 predecessors I still enjoyed it & the overall story immensely. I think this one spent a little too much time on the actualities of the war when I would have been more content with just the spirit of the war. I also became a little annoyed with Katniss' inability to really commit to a cause. If you want to be part of the revolution, great, then do it fully & don't half-ass it. But if you don't really want to be involved, that's fine too. Just bow out.

I was most disappointed with her when she agreed that the children of the Capitol higher-ups should be chosen for a new series of Hunger Games. Like appallingly disappointed. But then after she killed Coin they never really talked about that again so apparently the new government didn't take that course of action. But seriously, dead sister, drug-addled mind, PTSD or no...I felt so let down when she said yes to that decision.

Still, that's not to say I didn't like Katniss, because I did.

I think I was glad that she ended up with Peeta. I say "I think" because it was a hard choice...I really liked Gale too! But in the long run, I think that she & Peeta would be able to understand each other best & cope with the horrors of their past together.

And now...I can't wait for the movie! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.