Ursula's Reviews > Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Apr 02, 12

liked it
bookshelves: demons, fairies, mystery, paranormal-mystery, sci-fi-fantasy, urban-fantasy, vampires, witches
Read from March 28 to April 02, 2012

HARRY DRESDEN—WIZARD

Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Or Other Entertainment

Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things—and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a—well, whatever.

There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get...interesting.

Magic. It can get a guy killed.

This book was ok, I was told that the series gets better. I'm glad it does cause I did like Harry.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Front.

04/02/2012 page 208
59.0% "I would have had this book done already but I had personal problems to take care of. By the way I'm really enjoying this book."
show 1 hidden update…