Booknut's Reviews > Demonglass

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Feb 11, 12

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demonglass.

Quotes Booknut Liked

“Last semester was intense,” I said to Dad.

“Intense?” he echoed, picking up my file. “Let’s see. On your first day at Hecate, you were attacked by a werewolf. You insulted a teacher, which resulted in semester-long cellar duty with one Archer Cross. According to the notes, the two of you became ‘close.’ Apparently close enough for you to see the mark of L’Occhio di Dio on his chest.

I flushed at that, and felt Mom’s arm tighten around me. Over the past six months, I’d filled her in on a lot of the story with Archer, but not all of it.

Specifically, the whole me-making-out-in-the-cellar-with-a-murderous-warlock-working-with-the-Eye-part.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“Wow, Cross. I think you missed your calling. Screw demon hunting: you should clearly be writing Hallmark cards.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“And I have faith that you'll make a wonderful head of the Council someday, Sophie."
Yeah, except for that whole sleeping with the enemy part, I thought. Wait, not that I would actually be sleeping with...I mean, it's a metaphor. There would only be metaphorical sleeping.”

“She was my assignment."
"From The Eye?"
"No, from the Boy Scouts. That Witch Dating badge just kept eluding me."
"Well, you must have at least three Total Douchebag badges by now, so that has to count for something.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“...And of course, your dad was always talking about you, so between him and Jenna, I feel like I already know you.”
Man, first Cal, then Lara and the other Council members, now Vix. Did Dad have a blog about me or something? “My Daughter Sophie and Why You Should All Follow Her and/or Marry Her.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“As I stomped across the school grounds, all I could see was Cal sitting with my dad in some manly room with leather chairs and dead animals on the wall, chomping on cigars as my dad formally signed me away to him. They probably even high-fived.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“Dad was at his desk when I opened the door, doing what all British people do when they're freaked out: drinking tea.”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“I wish we could go to the movies."
I stared at him. "We're in a creepy dungeon. There's a chance I might die in the next few hours. You are going to die in the next few hours. And if you had one wish, it would be to catch a movie?”
Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass

“Dad rubbed his forehead. "No Sophie, its alright. That's what I hoped you would do."
"You hoped I'd commit mirrorcide?”