Valia Lind's Reviews > Pretty Crooked

Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig

Mar 13, 12

Read on February 15, 2012

Such a cute book! Totally left me hanging. Full review to come :-)

As soon as I saw the cover and synopsis for Pretty Crooked I had to get my hands on it. I love Robin Hood type of stories and Pretty Crooked didn’t disappoint.

The story starts out with Willa running for her life and thinking about everything she’s done. Then we flashback to her first day of school and that’s where the story begins. Willa is a fun character to read and explore with. She has many tough decisions in front of her and she tackles them one at a time. She meets lots of interesting people at her school, including a trio of mean girls, a rich bad boy with a bad reputation and a gorgeous prankster Aiden. I liked Willa’s development throughout the story. She decides on the whole Robin Hood ploy and she runs with it. I also like Aiden, a lot! That boy can make anyone blush. Their relationship is sweet and fun, loaded with obstacles. The last chapter is probably one of my favorites in the whole book. We’re left with so many unanswered questions I was mad at the end of the book. Well, maybe not mad mad, but no, you know what yes, mad mad! I turned the page and “NO! You cannot do that to me you evil author!”
Overall, Pretty Crooked is a fun interesting YA Debut. Elisa crafted a story that is entertaining and meaningful. I really enjoyed reading it and I cannot wait to see what happens next.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Crooked.