MelissaB's Reviews > Cold As Ice

Jul 22, 08

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, romantic-suspense
Recommended for: fans of Anne Stuart, gamma males
Read in July, 2008

I liked this book but I do find that Anne Stuart's heroes lean a little too close to gamma for me to really enjoy them. I did like Peter better than Bastian, I especially liked the ending where I could tell that they both wanted to be together. We got to see a little bit of Bastian and Chloe, so we know they are married and just had a baby girl. I enjoyed learning more about them because Black Ice ended so abruptly.

I guess my biggest problem with these books is the constant threat of death to the heroine. I don't like it when the hero is thinking about killing the heroine. I understand the circumstances, but at least in this book Peter goes to lengths to save Genevieve's life. I didn't quite feel like Peter was as caught up in the love scenes as he should have been.

When you pick up an Anne Stuart, you know what you are in for. In that context this was a good book with a lot of action and a hero who is certainly different than the norm.
11 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold As Ice.

Eastofoz Stuart's heroes are all excessive and very gamma so you either like them or your don't I think. Some can be very protective and sexy (like Peter--I loved Peter, he was so torn between his job and his feelings for Genevieve!) and others a bit harder to like (like Bastien or Taka). ICE BLUE has a really mean hero but the next two after that are a bit milder.

Aruana Can I perhaps ask what a "gamma" hero is? I know there are alphas .... Thanks.

Aruana Ooops, I just Googled it. Interesting.