Joanne's Reviews > Falling Together

Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos

F_50x66
Feb 29, 12

Read from February 11 to 26, 2012

Falling Together is my first experience with Marisa de los Santos, and although I found the book enjoyable for the most part, I have to admit that reading this novel was not an overwhelmingly pleasant experience. I love books that deal with friendships, both lost and found, but for some reason this one did not hit the mark for me.

Pen, Cat, and Will were best friends back in college, but their friendship ended suddenly, allowing them all to go their separate ways and figure out their lives on their own. They all make their own mistakes along the way, which is probably one of the reasons that Pen and Will are so willing to put their lives on hold to search for Cat. Maybe their lives would seem more logical if they could pick up their friendship with where it left off.

As Will and Penn make the commitment to search for Cat together, they unknowingly are allowing each other to search their own souls. As they deal with secrets and hidden truths, Pen and Will finally accept something in each other that has been there throughout their entire lives. If only they could have given the emotional support they each needed in the six years they were apart.

Although the summary indicates this novel was about searching for their friend Cat, the actual search seemed to take up very little of the book. A very small portion of the story was spent in the Philippines looking for her, and I think I would have enjoyed it more if the search was more extensive. And then when they did find her, I thought the reunion could have been a bit more eventful.

So besides my reservations about this novel, I did find enjoyment from it. This novel seemed to be more of a search for Pen and Will, but searching for the people they used to be. The Philippines were described in a way that makes me want to hop on a plane tomorrow to walk on the beach enjoying a beautiful sunset. With themes of friendship, forgiveness, and love, you may enjoy this book too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Together.

02/11/2012 page 54