Karen's Reviews > Pray for Silence

Pray for Silence by Linda Castillo

Feb 11, 12

New York Times bestselling author Linda Castillo delivers an electrifying thriller in which Chief of Police Kate Burkholder must confront a dark evil to solve the mysterious murders of an entire Amish family.

The Plank family moved from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, to join the small Amish community of Painters Mill less than a year ago and seemed the model of the Plain Life--until on a cold October night, the entire family of seven was found slaughtered on their farm. Police Chief Kate Burkholder and her small force have few clues, no motive, and no suspect. Formerly Amish herself, Kate is no stranger to the secrets the Amish keep from the English--and each other--but this crime is horribly out of the ordinary.

Too graphic for my comfort zone. i listened to this one as a library audio book while I walked at the gym, but if it was a movie, I would not have watched it due to the content and I am pretty sure I won't be listening to another book by this author.

She did a good job at the writing, but the subject matter was not something I enjoyed or want to repeat.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pray for Silence.