Scribblegirl's Reviews > Prom Nights from Hell

Prom Nights from Hell by Meg Cabot

Feb 11, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: girl-power, magic-supernatural, teen-reads, fiction
Read in February, 2012

Of the 4 short stories which comprise this volume, I really wanted more of Meg Cabot and Michele Jaffe's. I wanted to know more of Kim Harrison's too, because it felt unfinished, but she often writes -ing gerunds/infinitives instead of active verbs, and that makes me insane, so I'm not sure I could read an entire book by her. Do not write, "Seeing him move toward her, she ran." Write, "He moved toward her, and she ran." Or, "She saw him move toward her, and she ran." Or "so she ran." I can't stand it when writers use -ing endings. Makes me nuts. It's soft, weak writing. I was surprised to find that Stephenie Meyer can construct actual sentences which do not make me want to slap her. She seems to have taken some writing courses since she "wrote" Twilight. I expected to hate her story, but I didn't. Didn't really like it, either, but it didn't suck. Lauren Myracle's story was really just a retelling of an old story, and predictable, but it was still decent. I'd like it if Jaffe & Cabot did series based around the character's they produced for this. Their stories were fun. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom Nights from Hell.