Christianne 's Reviews > Boycotts & Barflies

Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: will-read-again
Read from April 17 to 29, 2012

I enjoyed reading this novel! I mean I know some people's review says that it might be too perfect and there's not much conflict to going around the story but I find this novel very refreshing.

This novel has all the "kilig" factor in it. It all started with a bet between friends. For the girls, to initiate the boycott and when they say boycott they mean BOY-cott. And for the boys, is to avoid the "barflies", women who the boys think are dumb and stupid and who hit on them (and lemme just comment that I find that rude because not all women who go inside bars are like that).

Anyway, moving on, I found myself laughing and giggling for the most part of the book. The girls witty dialogues had me bursting out in fits of laughter. And how could I forget about the men, they are so charming and sweet to the girls that they had me swooning head over heals for them.

I actually rooted for the Grace to win the bet because among the girls, I find her personality more in line with mine. She has her insecurities and she's mellow than Bianca and Meg. Bianca and Meg are a bit wild for my taste, especially Meg. And how sneaky it was for both Meg and Bianca to do that to Grace. Like, I felt a little irritated when that happened. I must admit somewhere in the middle, I felt the story was dragging a little bit. But somewhere in the end, I started getting excited and wanted to know who actually won the bet. And at the very end, I was actually very pleased and very happy! My only wish is that an epilogue could have been included at the end. It would've been fantastic!

And with that I end my review for this wonderful novel. Hopefully waiting for Victoria Michaels' next work. ♥♥♥ :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boycotts & Barflies.

Quotes Christianne Liked

Victoria Michaels
“Is that really so much to ask? One sexy, gorgeous, mentally stable, gainfully employed guy with an amazing personality, that doesn’t smell like mothballs or live with his mother?”

Victoria Michaels
“Stay away from her. Don't look at her; don't even think about her. If she appears to you in your dreams, wake up and punch yourself in the face for me.”

Victoria Michaels
“There is nothing more wonderful than falling in love.”
tags: love

04/17/2012 "I'll probably start reading this after my entrance exam. Hopefully I pass.. :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christianne Review and study first (for entrance exam) before reading (Boycotts & Barflies). :D

Karla (Reads and Thoughts) Yay! This one is a good one! :) I'm sure you'll like it. It was a sweet and funny read.

Christianne I'm halfway through it actually and it is cute and hilarious! I'll probably read this again until it sinks in my system :P