Kelly's Reviews > Taking Liberty

251943
Aug 18, 13

bookshelves: ebooks, sci-fi, read-in-2012, read-in-2013
Read on August 18, 2013, read count: 2

Jodi Redford scares me. Seriously. When I read her books I sometimes wonder if she doesn't sneak into my room in the middle of the night and attach a complicated tangle of wires to my forehead to suck out all the things that I like so that she can incorporate them into her books. You guys might think I'm joking BUT I'M NOT! It's like she has a direct line to all the things that make me tingly. Sexy sci-fi, tentacled aliens, BEING STRANDED ON A BARREN PLANET AND FORCED TO GET NAKED WITH A HOT PILOT! I'd tell her to stay out of my head but I like what she writes too damn much to deny myself.

Anyway. One thing that doesn't scare me about Jodi is her ability to write really fun characters. Rini, for example, is a hoot. She's strong-willed, skilled, and she just might be the tiniest bit OCD about her antibacterial wipes. How can you resist a girl who carries a virtual medical kit in her pockets "just in case"? You can't. She casts her antibacterial magic on you and is irresistible. Then there's Lucus, with his 9 inch... err, I mean, with his slightly battered outlook on relationships and his self-depreciating humor.

Did I mention the tentacled aliens yet? Because PLEASURE VALVE! Lol! Oh, man. That just cracks me up beyond belief.
"It's been proven that the males of our species have bigger brains."
"Too bad the same can't be said for your pleasure valve."

Funny and sexy with a side order of never-boring, Jodi Redford might have frightening mind reading abilities but she writes a damn good book.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Liberty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new) - added it

Celeste Your review is hilarious!!! I want to read it just because of your review, I don't usual take a look at sci-fi, but I am going to tbr this one.

Kelly I'm not going to lie, I love me some Jodi. That woman knows how to write sassy, funny, secy characters.

Celeste wrote: "Your review is hilarious!!! I want to read it just because of your review, I don't usual take a look at sci-fi, but I am going to tbr this one."

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda haha.... 9 inch? are you saying what i think you're saying?

i wonder how 'scifi-ish' is this book. usually whenever i read scifi or steampunk, i tend to look over the detail description that hurts my head and focus on the characters and the plot itself.

Kelly Sci-fi in the sense that it's set on different planets with aliens. The characters are easy to relate to, in my opinion.

Amanda wrote: "haha.... 9 inch? are you saying what i think you're saying?