Aubree Bowling's Reviews > The Journal of Best Practices: A Memoir of Marriage, Asperger Syndrome, and One Man's Quest to Be a Better Husband

The Journal of Best Practices by David    Finch

Feb 12, 12

Read from February 10 to 12, 2012

I read this book in 1 sitting. It was fascinating to get an inside look into the mind of a person with Aspergers and how it affects them in adulthood. Finch is a husband and a father--something I certainly hope my own ASD son can have someday. This book gives hope that it is quite possible for someone with autism or aspergers to teach themselves how to be in a marriage and head of a family. It is quite a process, but Finch is inspiring because he made the effort. When his situation with his wife got dire, he got to work. Any married person can read this and really appreciate the attitude both Finch and his wife assumed in their resolution to save their marriage and not give up on it. Any parent of a child with Aspergers or autism can read this and get a great amount of optimism about their son or daughter functioning well as adults.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journal of Best Practices.