Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > A Wild Night's Bride

A Wild Night's Bride by Victoria Vane

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: got-as-a-gift, hr-georgian, kindle-or-ebook, romance-historical, 2012-april, hr-oh-so-steamy, tropes-scandalous-bargains, author-has-another-name
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Viscount Ludovic DeVere is bored. When his old friend "dull dog Ned" appears in London after years spent in mourning, Devil DeVere finds a project to spark his interest. Together with a Covent Garden actress named Phoebe (who has some secrets of her own), he makes a scandalous wager with the Prince of Wales - risking Ned's and Phoebe's hearts in the process.

Once again, Victoria Vane has whisked me away to Georgian England, this time in the company of an indolent rake, the likes of whom aren't often seen outside of an Anne Stuart novel.

No doubt about it, I LOVE Victoria Vane's writing. Her prose is GORGEOUS, her use of language is so evocative of the era it is an absolute pleasure to read. It is incredibly easy to lose oneself in her writing; it really is that good. She captures the era so completely that for those of us who love it, it's like coming home. Ms. Vane also publishes historical romantic fiction under the name Emery Lee. Anyone wanting to read more beautifully written (but not steamy) romances in a Georgian setting need look no further.

This novella is the first of a series, and I must say the set up was subtle and nicely done. It will be treat to get to know Devil DeVere better; I can't wait to read The Virgin Huntress!

A clever, sexy, romp with captivating characters in a delicious Georgian setting, Victoria Vane sets the bar higher with every outing.

Once again, thanks to Victoria Vane for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wild Night's Bride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

KatLynne Wonderful review Tammy! I'm devouring this series now:)

Tammy Walton Grant Thanks, KatLynne! I've read most of it as well, but haven't gotten the reviews up yet. Good, isn't it?

KatLynne Very good Tammy! I'm reading the 3rd book now and it is the best so far.

Tammy Walton Grant That's what I thought too -- didn't really care for book #2, that heroine made me want to choke her. :)