Judi Jeremie's Reviews > Betsy the Vampire Queen

Betsy the Vampire Queen by MaryJanice Davidson

Feb 11, 12

I've been off vampire stories for awhile, but Betsy has definitely brought me back into the fold. Despite her vainness and self absorption Betsy is still a lovable heroine (maybe they even help to make her likeable!) My friend and I have found ourselves repeating some of her sarcastic comments and laughing ourselves silly because of it.

The story in the first 4 books (and even the first 6) concentrate on the beginning of Besty as the Vampire Queen and the building of her entourage. The first book starts with her death and goes on to how she comes to her role as the queen of the undead and how she meets her consort, Eric Sinclair. The second book builds on Betsy's assimilation to her position (and others assimilation to Betsy). She faces vampire hunters and challenges to her throne and comes out on top. The third book complicates Betsy's already complex life: she finds out about and meets her half sister...the devil's daughter. She learns that the her sister is prophesied to rule the world but befriends her with her usually snark and charm and adds her to her growing group of friends. The fourth book (and the last in this compilation) deals with Betsy and Laura and their defeat of a serial killer. To go into it more would be provide spoilers but know that Betsy can now see ghosts and Sinclair has finally proposed.

Overall, this series enjoyable and filled with amusing characters (all of course gorgeous). These books are fun and quick reads that will definitely brighten up your day and have you chortling for days.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betsy the Vampire Queen.

Veronica Kavenius Perfect description! I love the humor!