Daniel Koeker's Reviews > TimeRiders

TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow

Feb 26, 12

Read from February 18 to 26, 2012

This is a book about time travel, so it's going to be hard to pull off. Time travel is a subject that's just asking for plot holes.

This book has them, but for some reason I was driven to finish this book. There were many things that just didn't make sense or that I had trouble accepting, but at the same time it was written so well that I just had to finish it. It was one of those books that I just hated to put down until I was finished, and I haven't had that feeling for a book in a long time, so this was a refreshing read.

There's an interesting set of characters and an interesting take on the whole time travel thing; the characters use time travel to go back in time and prevent anyone else from messing with time. They essentially guard time to make sure it stays the way it is. It was done pretty well, going through three different timelines at the same time without being confusing, and there was a happy ending. I adore happy endings done right, and this one did it well.

In the end I need to give it 4/5. There were a few things that kept it from being one of the best books I've read, but it's been a while since I've been compelled to finish a book this much. This is a great read, well worth the money, and a good start to a series (the rest of which I'll have to pick up soon).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read TimeRiders.

02/18/2012 page 31