Tilly Slaton's Reviews > Scent of Darkness

Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: reviews-completed
Read on February 10, 2012

Christine Dodd is a new author for me, and I admit that the only reason I purchased the books in this series was due to the shapeshifting paranormal romance bits.

I'm such a sucker for cheap thrills. I've been working on my thesis (Done by the way!) so I have desperately needed something to fill in the *staring at my monitor and mindless tapping at my keys* moments...So, I filled it with books that are written in 7th grade reading level. Over 300 pages in less than a day, my thesis is finished and now I find myself writing this review so that I may continue on with the next book in the Darkness Chosen series, Touch of Darkness.

Scent of Darkness is a paranormal romance (yay for repetition!) story that has an interesting historical sign your soul and your descendants soul to the devil fog. A family whom raids, rapes and conquers, one feared by all, hired by some, and served by others.

Although I found this book interesting (A word choice I will often use to soften a negative tone), I felt as though I was flung into a world of survival, rape and intrigue.

Ann, an orphan left for dumpster and rat bait, lived her life in fear of the bad ones that always came. Efficient and drowning in her infatuation and lust for her boss, Jasha ... she decides to visit him at his home to seduce him, to make him see her for more than just an administrative assistant.

Jasha is a powerful man, a successful owner of a winery who is profoundly loyal to his family of cursed shape-shifters, those damned for their gifts as they run and hide from the family they betrayed ... survived .. escaped from.

This book is a quick read for those in need of an airplane book or something simple to fall asleep to. Perhaps I am having a bad day and did not give this book the open-minded chance that I am well-known for .. Screw it.

I liked this book... barely. As I tend to obsess and do the whole OCD bit .. I must continue with the series until the end .. yay me. It is the weekend, and I am confident (Now that my thesis is completed and my homework and studying is done...) that I can avoid my computer for a couple of days (Yay me for hiding...) and knock out the other three books before Monday.

I recommend this book to those in need of a cheap paranormal romance thrill. The back story for this story is highly intriguing, but I found the action unmemorable. Moderate rip your eyes out violence and semi strong sexual but brief content .. Only a few scenes.

~Happy reading!
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scent of Darkness.