Tilly Slaton's Reviews > Touch of Darkness

Feb 14, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: reviews-completed
Read from February 10 to 15, 2012

The Darkness Chosen series is...*rubs eyes* ...well, some have called it sweet torture; I on the other hand suffered my way through this book.

I promised myself that I would not reread a book in 2012; so here I am .. reading new books ... new authors ... And paying the price.

Don't get me wrong, Christine Dodd has an imagination that she proves easily in this series that is filled with a historical background of selling one's soul to the devil, a history of rape and dominance ... A back story of a family that ran away from it all and have survived hiding as well as preparing for the inevitable battle between ... *drum roll* ... Good and evil.

Rurik is a fun character, shapeshifting hawk! Different and cool, eh? He is filled with conviction, passion and sexy yumminess to the tenth power baby! A charmer, he seduced the one and only Tasya into his bed and apparently under his hot and multiple-orgasmic throbbing skills. Where does that leave Tasya? Consumed with the fear of being overwhelmed and taken over.

"I can't predict the future, but I know this has just begun."

There are several lines in this book that are more than worthy of a cheesy James Bond moment with a bit more romance that just makes you want to barf. The lines will surely make a lot of women whimper in the unfilled romance in their own lives...Me? Cheesy!

"You and I were reborn from Mother Earth, clawing our way out of the birth canal and into precarious life."

Finally, the eluding Tasya Hunnisomethingorother pops back into Rurik's life and he is angry and ready to remind her of the lust and desire that she felt with him. Fortunate for the back story of this book, she has this dark past filled with secret convictions of her own. She's running towards the deadly historical force, the same force Rurik hides from...This leaves the interesting couple of a clash of motivation.

Still running from Rurik, running from the assassin psycho raping baddudes, running from ...hell every thing, they are forced to endure one another's company; the perfect chance for Rurik to remind her of who she is dealing with.

"Because I want every breath you take to be empty unless you're close enough to smell me. Every word you speak to be unimportant unless it's to me. Every sound you hear empty unless it's my voice. I want you to remember that whatever pleasure you have from now on, you'll have it from me."

Bit much, isn't it? Damned sexy though!

I recommend this book to...mature adults only. The violence is fun and descriptive, although brief. The sexual content is entirely too sporadic for my taste, yet there is mild content found between the pages ...somewhere.

I do not recommend this book to immature eyes.
~happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Darkness.

02/11 page 20
5.0% "Slow reading .. finished thesis!! http://tillyslaton.com/2012/02/11/wor..."
05/25 marked as: read