Bea 's Reviews > Vampires in America: The Vignettes, Volume 1

Vampires in America by D.B. Reynolds

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: beas-book-nook, ebook, ka-peeps, kindle-books, read-in-2012, reviews, romance, urban-fantasy
Read from February 27 to 28, 2012

Teaser:

“What, you’d rather a bunch of hunky vampires hanging around all the time?”

“Hunky? Did you just say hunky?”

“Let’s pretend I didn’t,” he muttered, opening the door and stepping into the hallway in front of her. “I still think the Amazons are a good idea, you being the first female vampire lord and everything. It would make a statement.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of,” she muttered right back at him as he finally cleared the hallway and stepped aside to let her leave the room.

My Thoughts:

I'd read some of these vignettes on D.B.'s blog, but some I'd missed. I was happy when she announced that they would all be collected into an anthology. I love when an author's short stories are collected into one book, it's so much easier that way. All of these stories are set in between books so if you haven't read the books, do not read this until you do. They are spoiler heavy. Because of this, they don't really work as stand alones, but if you have read the relevant book, each story then works. They are hot, heavy on the steamy love scenes, and give a little more insight into each of the characters. I liked the last story, the wedding story, the best simply because it had three of the female leads together and we got to see them interact and see how their males all deal with each other. I enjoyed all of the stories but my favorites were the ones that DIDN'T have Rafael and Cyn because (takes cover) they are actually my least favorite couple in the series. The stories with Sophia and Colin, Raj and Sarah, and Duncan and Emma were my favorites. I loved seeing them together, seeing the bumps in their relationships and of course, the yummy love scenes. If you enjoy the books, you will enjoy these little glimpses into the lives of the different couples. Go buy!

I received a Kindle book from the author for review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampires in America.

02/27/2012

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy I bought this the other day for only 99 cents. Yay! Love the stories.

Bea It's a bargain at 99 cents. :) My review will be up on the blog on Thursday.