Jenny Delandro's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

Feb 10, 2012

bookshelves: my-books, author-george-r-r-martin
Read from August 08 to 23, 2014

I was captivated by this book.
I was entertained by this book.
and I thoroughly understand the chess game that George is playing.
He needs to strategically position his characters(pieces) before the final showdown.(( got to love Independence Day))
It has been said by many that this book dealt with the minor players in the story but I disagree. Everyone in this book has a place in the final plotline and their involvement will bounce off the other characters that are not mentioned here.

We are witness to Arya/Cat surviving against the odds in a society that relegates women to motherhood and servitude., becoming a weapon to deal the justice that is needed.
We also witness Alanye/Sansa surviving with a major strategist and how she is growing increasing wary of his intent.
We catch glimpses of Nymeria as she leads the wolf pack that is located near Harrenhal and Riverrun.. Arya has started wolf dreaming again
We see Jaime become the knight he was always meant to be and he shows more honor and compassion then many 'lords and ladies'.… we finally find out what happened to Rob's young bride.
We see Brienne trying to fulfill Jaime's last request of her but she still thinks fondly of him ... where she always acts in honor she is betrayed and condemned by a madwoman.
We follow Sam as he struggles against his desire for Gilly... his duty to the Black and his sense of betrayal when he realizes what Jon has done. When he finally reaches his destination nothing is what expects..
We follow Adrienne as she tries to start a war... but the only thing that happens is Darkstar goes out of control and maims Myrcelle and the white knight dies trying to protect her.
We see Cersai finally caught by her own webs.. she stands accused of what she plotted to have Margarery accused of.. and although she sends for Jaime to help her and he throws her pleas into the fire.
Love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

08/07/2014 marked as: currently-reading
08/07/2014 page 110
11.0% "delighted with what I have so far.. Cersai is scrambling to hold onto power .. Ayra is sailing into Bravoss ... it would be great if the maps mentioned it.. Brienne is looking for Sansa but she is still at the Eyrie.."
08/08/2014 page 225
23.0% "Asha wants to rule... Adrianne wants to rule though she is saying Myrcella should sit on the Iron Throne.. Vultures are circling Cersai .. hehehe .. Jaime has grown up"
08/20/2014 page 427
43.0% "I cannot believe what Jon has done!"
08/21/2014 page 580
59.0% "I had to use Wikipedia to learn where Braavos is located"
08/23/2014 marked as: read