Leah (Jane Speare)'s Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

4019095
Dec 02, 12

Read on November 30, 2012

This is not a high-school setting book, despite it's teenness. School is barely mentioned, and I like how it and it's expected drama is totally not all over the plot. There's bits and pieces, but for the most part, Jules is a loner, and we get to see her home life--the much more interesting side...

To keep the two "star-crossed lovers" apart, Jules and Sawyer, there's an old family rivalry. Now that may seem old fashioned, but I think its supercoolbeans and totally love it. For the family set up, it completely makes sense.

Jules' family is a big part of the story. Her dad is a hoarder, her brother and sister act like real siblings, and her mom has the ever-present smile for when things get tough. Together they run their family pizza business, and it's evident they're all really close to one another.

Like I mentioned before, Jules is a bit of a loner. She doesn't really have any friends besides her siblings (which is okay by the way,) and keeps to herself. But when she starts to get these crazy visions of the crash, Jules soon becomes determined in her mission to find out more about them. Also, she is the kind of person who's not afraid to say it like it is! I found this quite funny at times.

If you like McMann's Wake trilogy, then you will for sure love Crash. It has the same feel to it. Ordinary setting with extraordinary powers thrown upon some poor girl (for our entertainment.) Hot mysterious guy who becomes her confidante. Oh and who may or may not die in the process. There's lots of suspense and of surprises through the very last page.

Crash is my favorite book of her's yet and had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. There are going to be three more in the series, thank the dogs!!

You must read this.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

11/30/2012 page 95