Katie's Reviews > 20 Times a Lady

20 Times a Lady by Karyn Bosnak

F_50x66
Feb 10, 12

Read in February, 2012

This is one of my all time favorite books. I read this book years before it hit the big screen as "What's you Number?". As always, the movie did not do the book justice, but thats besides the point. (Still loved the movie anyways FYI)

The basis of the story is Delilah becomes slightly obsessed with her "number" and in an effort to not add any notches to her belt, treks accross the country looking for the ex boyfriend/fling who may have turned into her Mr. Right who got away.

I found this book to have every characteristic I look for in a book. It was well written, kept my interest until the last page, sweet, oddly setimental, and laugh out loud funny at times. There are not many books that I have actually laughed out loud at, but this one caused me to do so several times. It had just the right amount of cheese without being overly cheesy.

The characters felt real. I found myself relating to the heroine years ago when I first read it, and after finishing it for the second time a few days ago, I related to her again in a whole new way. She is impossible not to like, and you will find yourself constantly rooting for her. The character of Colin screams swoon-worthy from the second he is introduced. You can't help but fall in love with him and secretly wish there was a way to conjure a man just like him.

Call me sentimental, but my eyes well up a bit at the end. While slightly predictable, it was still ultimately satisfying. i don't want to post any spoilers (I hate when I read a review and accidentally read a spoiler) so i won't say any more, but bottom line, this book was great. Anyone who has struggled with dating and relationships, and questioning whether you will find the one (who hasn't???) will both enjoy and relate to this book from cover to cover.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 20 Times a Lady.