Raymond Masters's Reviews > Ghost Story

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Story.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chacelyn (new) - added it

Chacelyn Pierce I'm so pissed at myself for not reading this yet. I'm a big Harry D. fan. but other crap keeps getting read first. But I'm sure I'll have it read before his next one.

message 2: by Raymond (new) - added it

Raymond Masters I've only read the first 2. I love the characters and the stories. My buddy tells me that he's on the 9th one, and they only get better.

They're the books that as a writer, I think, "Man, I so should've written that." But I know if I do, they'll just say I'm copying from Jim Butcher. :)

message 3: by Chacelyn (new) - added it

Chacelyn Pierce He'd been trying to land an agent for these books for 9yrs. Wrote the first on in college. The only way he got an agent is he went to a writers convention and talked with Laurell K. Hamilton and she asked him to join her for lunch. An agent that was at their table asked Jim what he wrote and he told her. She told him to send her his MS, he replied, "I did, you rejected me." She replied, "That's before a met you and got to know you."

I'm thinking damn if only I could've caught a break like that. I'm done with the agent game for awhile though. Gonna do the ebook publishing and maybe try again later with some published works under my belt.

message 4: by Raymond (new) - added it

Raymond Masters Yeah, join the club. :) The good thing about social networking now, is it has removed the taboos around direct interaction between a writer and those in the publishing world. Of course, a detraction to this is that now the net is so flooded with people like us and we can still get lost. Heh.