Emory Holzer's Reviews > A Mango-Shaped Space

U_50x66
Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: 3rd-quarter
Read from February 16 to March 02, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I read this book for 3rd quarter.
I loved this book. It was very well written and I was always on the edge of my seat. I loved that it incorporated a girl with a disease that I had no clue existed. I think Synesthesia is a very interesting disease. I wish I was a Synesthete.
In the beginning of the book, Mia is afraid to tell people that she sees these colors. When she finally tells her parents, they take her to lots of doctors and try to find a cure for it. They think that this is a bad disease. When she finally meets a doctor that knows what she has, she is so happy to know that there are other people like her. The doctor gives Mia the name of a website that she can go on to find out more about Synesthesia. She immediately gets a pen pal named Adam. She thinks he is very nice, but when she meets him he is not very nice. In the end Mia's cat, Mango, dies.
I read a book called out of my mind. It was about a girl who was picked on just because she could not ove or speak. People thought she was a dumb freak. It turn out that she is really smart. People thought Mia was a freak just because she could see colors with sounds and words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mango-Shaped Space.