Robin's Reviews > I Will Have Vengeance

I Will Have Vengeance by Maurizio de Giovanni

Feb 10, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Commissario Ricciardi makes an interesting hero, a man haunted by his disturbing ability to see the ghosts of the murdered in their last moments. He is a loner, badly afflicted by the sorrow of these victims, shunned by colleagues envious of his clear-up rate and unconventional methods (the dying sometimes give him clues). The setting of 1930s Naples is well depicted and fascinating, and the opening mystery about the murder of a vile but gifted tenor at San Carlo opera house is intriguing, while also betraying a real passion for the opera. Hersilia Press in the UK have translated this from the Italian and one can only say, Bravo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Will Have Vengeance.

message 1: by Paola (new)

Paola I have to say that it is not correct that "the dying (Ricciardi sees) sometimes give him clues". I have read all Ricciardi's books and he has never been helped by what he sees or hears because of his ability. By the fact, he really understands the meaning of the words and behaviours of the dying, only once he has solved the crime.